Implementation of eTMS
The activities necessary to deliver and implement TMS are much the same as is required for any software delivery with certain key steps that must be performed in a sequential manner and a number of supporting activities that can be performed in parallel.
Listed on the right are the major activities and brief explanations that must be performed at all sites keeping in mind that the process will vary greatly from client to client.
Steps to Implement eTMS
- Database Installation including initial seed data.
- Installation of client side products – Installation of Oracle Runtime products and TMS executables. This includes assisting the client in determining a deployment method
- Review of legacy data stores and thorough review of existing client application and data. Export/extract legacy data for initial data migration.
- Develop interface points with the clients existing legacy systems. This activity is entirely dependent on which if any systems the client wishes to interface.
- Data migration – this activity includes the actual migration (and data scrubbing) of legacy data to the TMS system.
- Data Cleanup. Depending on the type and amount of changes desired, the data may be cleaned up in the TMS application or additional rules developed and implemented in the data migration scripts with data migration (or parts of it) re-performed.
- Review of the client’s network and computing infrastructure to insure that TMS can be implemented at all locations the client desires.
- Report Reviews/Modifications – This activity ensures that TMS includes the reports that are required by the client’s procedures and QA program.
- Training for Super Users and the Application administrators. This training class takes from 5 to 7 days depending on the ability and size of the class.
- Modification/customization of training material for train-the-trainer classes or end user training. – Training materials are customized to include screen shots with the client’s data and also to incorporate any procedural requirements or other special needs
- Train the Trainer Training and end user training.